Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Living with Vision

Jesus said, "What do you want me to do for you?"....And the blind man said..., "I want to regain my sight!" And Jesus said to him, "Go; your faith has made you well." Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him.... Mark 10: 51-52

I have been blessed to see my entire life. I know the hues of blue, the calm of green, and the vibrant reds and pinks that color the world with fun and laughter. But, I have also known what it is like to lose my vision. I know what it is like to awaken in body, but to not see with the eyes of my soul. To be blinded by over-commitment and burdens, and too much self-imposed responsibility. To be shadowed by the opinions and expectations of others. I have felt the pain of living in the darkness of my soul, and what it is like to blindly stumble for purpose. But, each day, I arise with a Savior, Christ, who lovingly asks, "What do you want me to do for you?" Each day, I, by faith, can ask God to restore my vision. For Christ to wipe away the darkness and soil from the previous day. I, like the blind man, can cry out, "I want to regain my sight!" Vision opens my soul to purpose; to see with the eyes of the soul. Vision allows me to see the road marked out for me to walk down today. It is God who restores our sight and gives us vision. What is keeping you from "seeing" today? What blankets your soul and shadows your vision? Today, ask for God to restore your "vision", and, like the blind man who was healed, follow Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment