Monday, December 5, 2011

Flawed Purpose

God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good...
Genesis 1:31 NISB
Viewing my gnarled apples hanging from my apple tree one silent fall day, I was intrigued at the variety of shapes, sizes, and imperfections each apple held. Later, as I steadily cut into each flawed apple, I kept the vision of their greater purpose before me. Purpose donned in imperfection. I was moved by the revelation that God views me, His flawed creation,  through the same lens. He knows my flaws. He sees my imperfections, yet He declares that what He has made is "very good". My imperfections pregnant with purpose. Today, the challenge is to enlarge my understanding and vision of  what it means to live with "Flawed Purpose". To know that if the creator of the universe declares His creation as "very good", then I can yield to the cutting of my soul as he prepares me to live mindful and intentional donned in imperfection.
 ~Lynne~

2 comments:

  1. Lynne, I want to use this in a book that I am giving to someone, do you mind if I make a copy of it?

    ReplyDelete