Friday, March 30, 2012

Door Number?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

While visiting the Windy City, we stayed at our friends lake shore condo. My husband and I meant to get off on the fifth floor, however, when the elevator door open we stepped out. We were not paying attention to the fact that we had stepped out on to the second floor. We simply saw the door open and assumed it was our opportunity to exit. What we discovered, however, was that we were on the wrong floor. Our guest key was useless on this floor. 

Sometimes I feel like I am playing "Let's Make a Deal" with my life. I am presented many "life doors" to choose from, and all I have to do is simply pick one. If a door opens, I often step forward without questioning whether or not it is the correct door. The problem is that an open door of opportunity does not equate being the correct door. On that day in Chicago, I was not paying attention. I had lost my focus and my way. I stepped through an open door and it was the wrong door leading to the wrong destination. 

Today, consider whether an opportunity in your life is the right choice to make. Perhaps it is available, but it does not mean it is the correct decision. God promises that if we trust Him, He will direct us through the "right door" of life. We do not have to randomly choose a door of our liking or gamble with our guesses. God states He will make the path straight, so we can know. So, rather than guessing at your "door number", know your number. Stay focused and attentive. Be alert. Know your God. Know your number. 

No comments:

Post a Comment